The Turnpike.

On Wednesday, me and my parents went away to a little town not far from ours called: Bawtry.
Our main goal for this area was to visit our motorhome storage but instead, stumbled upon a pub called The Turnpike.
Now I have to mention that my parents and I are huge fans of pubs (Let's be honest, who isnt?)
But one of my favourite things about pubs is the exterior and the interior. 
And this was in particular, what stuck out to me:



It wasn't anything too expensive. It was very simple, quirky and admirable. Not to mention the atmosphere was sweet and calm, with helpful staff and a nice pint to go with it all.

Secondly, the food was utterly delicious. With it only being around 2 in the afternoon, I went for a burger and a portion of chips.

Very typical easy pub meal, but it was utterly divine: Proper chips and a real burger. Each and every bite was savoured and I will be honest, when I had devoured it entirely, I almost wish I could have ordered another.
I am certain that if I were to return there, I would visit the pub again.
:)
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment