The Book Club: The Fault In Our Stars Review

I’m gonna be honest and say, I’m not gonna type down or tell you the most powerful scenes or give you an insightful description of why I think this book is so wonderfully important to our generation.
I have not wanted to read any book consisting of cancer mainly because of my Dad but it came across to me that regardless of past years, some form of closure needs to be done and hearing and reading about it, will help me come to the solution I need.
From having the experience I have, I almost seemed to not filter the initial plot  or the story in it’s entirety but that was a feeling, it wasn’t my brain. I understood the story perfectly but what I’m beginning to tell you is that when you’re most aggressively numb, your body tends to deny anything it doesn’t want to hear.
I didn’t cry at all and I had anticipated the outcome of the story (which I won’t include just incase people haven’t yet read the book). I think this book discusses a very important perspective from a person who suffers any disease or disability; I find it incredibly liberating that finally somebody writes people with illnesses and disabilities as real people, not dying people or injured people.
Also what is wonderfully surprising is that John Green continued after what I would like to call the ‘typical’ ending. And that’s what I believe is the best bit, the ending, because truthfully it does not end.

No comments:

Post a Comment