Brookies Recipe!

For the beginning of January I have pretty much been stocking up the recipes and giving them a whirl myself; of course not every recipe I take will initially be a winner as we all have our personal preferences, however when it came to Brookies, I immediately had to share.

The wonderful thing about Brookies is that they're a cross between a Brownie and a Cookie (hence the combination of both titles when referring to this creation.) 

I originally located this recipe through a youtuber named Lily Pebbles, (after ViviannaDoesMakeUp pointed me in her direction.) And began to scour her blog until I found the ingredients.

For some reason, my usual baking day is Friday and it has remained that way for a while, so knowingly, I set out to bake on the Friday and had a batch of delicious Brookies in a jar ready to be eaten.

Not tooting any horn but baking usually goes down a treat in our household and I'm gaining a small reputation for my baked goods, which means I have more volunteers when it comes to my creations and Brookies, stroke a good impression!  (I even stole some for myself.)

With that in mind, I found it crucial to give praise towards Miss Lily Pebble's as well as sharing the recipe on my blog, so others can satisfy themselves with this delicious treat!

  • 85g Cocoa Powder.
  • 400g Caster Sugar.
  • 125ml Vegetable Oil.
  • 4 Eggs.
  • 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
  • 250g Plain Flour.
  • 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
  • Half Teaspoon Of Salt.
  • 60g of Icing Sugar.

Mix Together the cocoa, caster sugar and vegetable oil.
Beat in one egg at a time and then stir in the Vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder and  salt.
Let dough chill for four hours.

Pre-heat the oven to 180c  
Line baking trays.
Pour icing sugar onto a plate and roll mixture into small balls , coating each one.
Bake for 10-12 Minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment